What to do in Dublin this half-term?
Nanny Village brings you ideas for indoor and outdoor activities to be enjoyed in and around Dublin over the half-term break. As an added benefit we’ve only included activities that do not require prior booking.
1. Walk the East Pier in Dun Laoghaire. Enjoy the views of the marina and the Howth peninsula. Make sure to treat yourself to a 99C from the Teddy’s Ice Cream shop.
2. Take a Boat Tour with Dublin Bay Cruises to Howth and enjoy lunch at one of the seafood restaurants right on the sea front
3.Hike at the Killiney Hill
4. Visit National Botanic Gardens (website)
5. Stroll along the Portmarnock Beach
6. Explore Dublin 4, wonder the glorious streets of the old “embassy neighbourhood”, feed the ducks in Herbert Park, try to find the ‘Best Coffee in Dublin’ and sample deserts at Eathos
1. Visit IMMA, for current exhibitions and events check their website
2. Explore your local library. We will be spending time at the DLR Lexlcon
3. Become a tourist at the Guinness StoreHouse (review)
4. Cook with kids-make biscuits, pizza or pancakes. To give you more idea who better give you advice than celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, for details click here
5. Throw a Halloween Party. For inspiration check out A Frightening Feast by the talented Diana Valentine